Guiding You Through The Divorce Process Smoothly
There is no shortage of advice about divorce, but what are the facts? Make sure you understand your rights and obligations in a divorce. Talk to a family law attorney at the Hayes, Williams, Turner & Daughtry law firm in Dunn, North Carolina.
During a divorce, there are a lot of decisions to be made that will affect you and your family for years to come. The divorce process can be confusing and emotional. It is essential to know the facts, the law and your rights.
- North Carolina law requires that spouses live under separate roofs for one year before a divorce can be finalized. We will help you establish the date of your separation. One party must have lived in North Carolina for six months before filing for a divorce.
- In most divorce cases, you will not have to appear in court. North Carolina is a no-fault divorce state.
- A divorce lawyer will listen to your concerns, understand your goals, and file a complaint for you. If your spouse has filed, we will answer that complaint and file any counterclaims you may need.
- Are child custody or visitation issues involved in your divorce? We will help you determine what is best for you and your children.
- Will you be required to pay spousal support? Do you have a right to receive child support or spousal support? We will explain the law and how it affects you.
- How should marital property be divided in a divorce? Property division can be a major source of disagreement. We will protect your rights and interests.
- What are your rights as a grandparent? Our law firm has helped change the laws to allow for grandparents’ rights.
If you are seeking a divorce lawyer you can depend on, an attorney who brings small town values together with a sophisticated understanding of the law, you can count on the attorneys at the Hayes, Williams, Turner & Daughtry law firm in Dunn, North Carolina. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation.